Ok I am a MASSIVE warrior cats nerd and I was so dissapointed whe one of my favorite characters, the Windclan Deputy Deadfoot, died. So I made an Alternate Universe where instead of dying in The Darkest Hour
Deadfoot actually ended up succeeding Tallstar.
Tallstar died earlier in this AU, shortly after The Darkest Hour
, Jake was still his guide to Starclan, and Tallstar was the one to suggest Crowpaw to go on the journey to the sun-drown-place. His decision was mostly unchallenged by the other Starclan cats. Later parts of this AU are based around a similar concept to Acorn-Trees
’ Hawkfrost AU, but with my own additions. This also includes my personal headcanons for character appearances. I’ll also be painting and drawing pictures for this AU so expect some!!
- I always saw Deadfoot as a black abssynian or maybe a black somali. He also has a slightly bigger body type than most Windclan cats, but is still very lithe compared to cats from other clans. As Deadstar he has a small, pale, four pointed star on his forehead.
- His mate, Ashfoot, is a gray spotted tabby Oriental with white paws and dark blue eyes. She also has a small white spot on her chest. She’s very wiry and quick, with a long muzzle.
- Deadstar tries to teach his son about cooperation before he sets out on the journey in Midnight with the other prophecy cats. There’s also gonna be some more exploration of their relationship once I get their designs down.
- There will not be a Windclan civil war upon reaching the lake, as Deadstar has already chosen Ashfoot as his deputy because he knows Windclan are more self reliant than when Tallstar was leader, as well as the fact that his mate has no real desire for power and sees her position as a responsibility rather than a luxury. Onewhisker is still just a warrior, but is often sent on any diplomatic missions Windclan needs. Mudclaw is still the mentor to Crowpaw/Crowfeather and is part of the reason he’s uncooperative with cats from other clans at the start of this AU.
- Ashfoot and Deadstar are pretty much the Windclan power couple and are still happy mates. Their oldest kit Eaglecry, a kit mentioned in Fire and Ice
as Ashfoot’s but never again afterwards, is Crowpaw/Crowfeather’s older brother. Because he has a larger, happier family Crowpaw/Crowfeather is much more well adjusted than canon Crowfeather. They also have one more litter of kits, Spiderkit, Dewkit, and Cloudkit.
- Coming to Hawkfrost and his evilness, his plan to kill Firestar does happen, but it does not succeed and the wound in his throat leaves him almost completely mute instead of killing him. While most cats in Riverclan, Windclan, and Thunderclan want him dead or banished, Brambleclaw and Mothwing step in for him, however Leopardstar refuses to let him come back to Riverclan so Brambleclaw brings him to Thunderclan. At first he’s treated much like how Brokenstar was and is rather bitter and angry. Over time though the clan begins to accept him and figure out a silent way of communicating with Hawkfrost, (like a feline morse code) this way of communication is implemented in both hunting and battle strategizing. When The Three are born Hawkfrost becomes “Best Uncle” and spoils all three of them; He trains with Lionblaze, talks to Hollyleaf about her ambitions, and he’s arguably closest to Jayfeather for reasons I’ll show later. When the time comes for Ivykit and Dovekit to become apprentices instead of Cinderheart becoming Ivypaw’s mentor, it’s Hawkfrost.
I’ll likely add more later, but I don’t really want to spoil all
my plans for this AU!!